Editorial influence is one of the most important elements of PR planning and research. But who is responsible for growing media readership?
In this episode I interview Effie Kanyua, the Director of PR & Comms at publisher ‘Hearst UK’ which includes Harper’s Bazaar, ELLE, Good Housekeeping, Cosmopolitan, Men’s Health and Women’s health. I find out how Effie and her comms team at Hearst UK are helping to increase the popularity, traffic and influence of the titles many of us sell-in to.
I ask Effie about her journey from agency consumer communications to her in-house role at one of the world’s largest publishers and the flip of objectives in helping to grow media, rather than target it.
– How media consumption has changed in the last year
– How Hearst media titles have had to adapt & change business objectives
– What it means to drive readership to media
– The importance of internal comms right now
– And how the Hearst UK PR team measures multi-media PR for a diverse set of stakeholders
Effie’s honesty and insight is fascinating. Whether you work agency or in-house this episode is for you.
As always, let me know what you think @stellabayles on Twitter.